Grüße aus den USA

Alle wichtigen Themen zum Blechkleid, den Spiegeln, Verglasung, Spoilern etc werden hier gesammelt
Bordone

Re: Grüße aus den USA

Beitrag von Bordone »

TURBO_TURTUL hat geschrieben:I know the Golf is far more popular, but why is that? Do people really think hatchbacks are more practical?
Well, in europe the people only accept a sedan in the upper class, like the 3, 5, 7 series c, e-class
The people think a compact vehicle has to have a hatchback, as its practical enough and the car is not too long, which is much better in the city.

But if u look e.g. at the fiesta sedan, which is really ugly btw., i uderstand why ford will not offer it in europe, no one will buy it as the hatch looks much better.

I
TURBO_TURTUL

Beitrag von TURBO_TURTUL »

I see, it makes sense. Especially since a jetta isn't really a small car anymore. And it's funny in the difference in culture, here people brag about their modifications all the time! One more question, for those of you with the 6 speed (or 5 speed) manual, how high do you rev when releasing the clutch in first gear? Do your euro tuned motors have rev hang? For those who don't know what rev-hang is,it is when you push the clutch in while changing gears and the RPMs do not drop for a couple of seconds. (Makes driving annoying and jerky)

And yes, the fiesta sedan is horrid! I actually don't know it was a US only car!
Bordone

Beitrag von Bordone »

Are u serious? Rev hang?

Had that with a rented civic in NY and that really sucks.
The civic had a 3 sec rev hang, even didn't know what to do in that time. :lol:

I have a 1.6 tdi 5 speed manual (not offered in the us) without rev hang...
Is that only for the emissions?
Zuletzt geändert von Bordone am Dienstag 12. März 2013, 22:08, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Errai

Beitrag von Errai »

Had no rev-hangs at all
2.0tsi 6-speed
TURBO_TURTUL

I hate the US emissions system :thumbdown: :sick:
Sternat

Beitrag von Sternat »

Hi,

i think that no jetta has rev-hang ;)
My Mini Cooper S has this. But no VW.
michelm1978

Beitrag von michelm1978 »

In the Netherlands, also in Europe, we can do a lot more with our cars. Suspension has no regulations. The headlights only need to have a certification that it's allowed in Europe. In our country we're free to put hid in every headlight housing. When you dazzle someone, well yeah, then you got a fine.

So you see, in Europe on a relative small part of the world we have a lot of different rules.

Off topic.. If you ask me, I would rather like to drive the speed I want, what is allowed in Germany then being completely free in modding your car. Just caught on cam while driving 9km's (5miles) to fast. I've got a fine of 89 euros (100 dollars)!!! Driving in the Netherlands isn't fun anymore. Thank god I only live 40km's from the German border, so if I want to drive fast (I own a 911), then I' m going to my beloved neighbours!
Bordone

Beitrag von Bordone »

Well, in UK you can do with your car what ever u want, no one cares of that.
Thats true, each country in europe has different regulations.

In czech rep. you have to carry sparer-bulbs everytime in your car.
But the coolest is for sure, the german autobahn :D tested today my bmw 125d vmax 265 kmh with some mods :)
TURBO_TURTUL

You guys are awesome!!!!
Antworten