Rev hang (RPM drop when putting the clutch in)

Hier findest du Hilfe zu Problemen mit dem Motor und der Mechanik des Jettas
Antworten
TURBO_TURTUL

Rev hang (RPM drop when putting the clutch in)

Beitrag von TURBO_TURTUL »

Hey european Jetta owners!

Can someone take a video of the tachometer while shifting above 3000 rpm in their car? Preferably 1st-5th gear and shifting slowly (so i can see if the RPM doesn't drop). Please make sure the air conditioning is off. I want to compare how my car behaves (US spec GLI) to the european models.

Thanks,
Dave
Zuletzt geändert von TURBO_TURTUL am Samstag 19. April 2014, 21:53, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Koma

Re: Rev hang (RPM drop when putting the clutch in)

Beitrag von Koma »

Hi, I don't think that a video of my baby size TDI engine (1,6l, 105 hp) will help you :(
I just tried it and the RPM drops immediatly (above and under 3000 rpm).
Maybe somebody here with a gas engine can help you.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
Zuletzt geändert von Koma am Montag 21. April 2014, 06:14, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Kein Support mehr meinerseits rund um Forumsangelegenheiten. Bitte wendet euch vertrauensvoll an polocrazy!
Bordone

Beitrag von Bordone »

IMO thats only for the emissions and only for the US. But maybe someone wirh gasoline engine can take the vid. I have the same diesel engine as Koma
Romaniac

Beitrag von Romaniac »

I made a quick video on my way to work this morning. I´m driving an 1.2 litre tsi engine with 6 gear transmission and 105PS.

air conditioning was off at this time and i shifted very slow.

http://youtu.be/bLw_8gR3fhI
Zuletzt geändert von Romaniac am Mittwoch 23. April 2014, 08:00, insgesamt 5-mal geändert.
TURBO_TURTUL

Beitrag von TURBO_TURTUL »

I know it's been a very very long time, but i figured i would say thank you! Looks like it might be a US spec problem, unless we can get someone with a 2.0 TSI to chime in!

EDIT: actually i noticed the coolant temp was low. Does the behavior change once it warms up?
Zuletzt geändert von TURBO_TURTUL am Freitag 15. Januar 2016, 19:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Antworten